Ecoease secondary glazing for listed buildings
Suitable for almost all windows, Ecoease can provide secondary glazing for listed buildings and character properties. Indeed where conventional double glazing is restricted we have many happy customers who have used our system. These include 200 year old cottages to Scottish castles, from stately homes to large country estates.
Period properties often have beautiful bespoke windows. These reflect the craftsmanship of a bygone age, such as sash windows or stained glass. However, as beautiful as they are, we have many more challenges in our lives today to our peace and comfort.
The benefits of Ecoease in a character or listed property
- Planning permission is not required as our magnetic glazing panels can be removed.
- The Ecoease panels can help to preserve the condition of older windows. Thus helping them to last longer. The increase in air temperature between the panel and the original window helps to reduce damage from condensation and mould.
- Ecoease glazing panels are more discreet than metal secondary glazing in particular. In addition they offer the option to take the panes down easily in the summer.
- Older properties without modern sound insulation can benefit from a barrier against external noises.
- Installation is easy and doesn’t impact on your original window. There is no need to remove window frames or re-‐fit architraves or window fittings.
- With our DIY magnetic system, you can choose different options which may suit older style windows. In particular mitring corners or different combinations of tapes, enabling excellent secondary glazing for sash windows.
Secondary glazing review
The Harpur Crewe family has run the estate in Ticknall since the 1500s. They have installed Ecoease’s secondary glazing in a number of their listed properties. Amy Biddell of chartered surveyors Mather Jamie, operates on behalf of the Harpur Crewe LLC estate and outlined their approach:
“Installing secondary glazing is an easy way to improve the thermal efficiency of a property. This can be achieved without causing much upheaval for residing tenants. Ecoease is not only easier to install than glass secondary glazing, it is also significantly cheaper. We have also been advised by our EPC assessor that it is more thermally efficient than glass.
The Harpur Crewe LLC strives to provide a good standard of properties for its tenants. It is always looking for new ways and products like Ecoease to assist in achieving this. The Ecoease secondary glazing has had a positive impact on the energy performance of the Estate Cottages. In many cases, along with loft insulation and low energy light, it has enabled us to move many properties EPC ratings into band E and above.”
Installation of double glazing not permitted due to building regulations? Ecoease is the perfect solution! Providing you with a warmer, quieter home and a reduction in condensation. All this and a quick and easy installation process.